Espaço da Escrita is a strategic project linked to the Dean of Research that aims to encourage the publication of articles produced by Unicamp researchers in international scientific journals and journals, in addition to book chapters, in order to increase the visibility and impact of the research developed at the University with the world academic community.
In addition to providing translation and review services for articles in a foreign language, Espaço da Escrita also promotes training events in scientific communication for the entire university community, in all areas of knowledge, as a way of developing academic skills.
Translation or revision of complete works to be submitted to indexed periodicals of international circulation and book chapters;
- Translations from Portuguese into English, French and Spanish;
- Reviews in English, French and Spanish.
The following authors/co-authors can request the services
- Professors from all careers at Unicamp;
- PQ Career Researchers;
- Retired Unicamp Collaborating Professors/Researchers.
Annual service limit per applicant
- Up to 3 articles per applicant, counted from January to December of each year.
- Word exclusively.
Execution times and word limits
- Up to 7 words: 20 consecutive days (not counting any recesses);
- More than 7 thousand words: 20-30 calendar days (not counting any recesses);
- For shorter deadlines, consult Espaço da Escrita with the proper justification;
- The maximum limit for translating or revising texts is 8 words, including tables, graphs, figures, legends and footnotes.
Have a complete article (finished and revised) and indicate the indexed journal or publication (book) to which the article will be submitted.
Fill in protocol for requesting the services of Espaço da Escrita, sign and collect the signature of the head of the unit/body.
Send the protocol, completed and signed, to the email email@example.com, accompanied by the article and glossary of technical terms, supporting articles or original/previous article, if any, as a reference for the translator/reviewer.
Wait for the service execution deadline.
Receive translation or proofreading service.
Up to 5 working days after receiving the service, complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org o Evaluation form for Espaço da Escrita services.
Up to 2 months after receiving the service, send to email@example.com proof of submission of the article to the journal or the chapter to the publisher, as the case may be.
Inform Espaço da Escrita about the acceptance and effective publication of the work.
In case of unsatisfactory services
The author may request a review of the services received and considered unsatisfactory, including requesting another translator/reviewer, on two occasions:
- Within 5 days of receipt, upon completion of the evaluation form;
- Within 180 days of receipt, regardless of the information provided in the evaluation form.
Other important information:
- Revision requests must be accompanied by new documents indicating the negative aspects of the text, and additional clarifications from the author may be requested;
- In cases of minor revision, with criticisms in English, the review of the services will be carried out within 7 working days, or less, if there is a fixed submission date;
- In cases of major revision with English criticism or the need to review new passages, the review period will be 12-15 business days;
- In the event of a new unsatisfactory assessment, a second review may be requested following the same procedures as the first;
- Revisions requested after a maximum period of 180 days from receipt of services will be treated as a new request.
Suspension of services
- Within 5 working days after receiving the service, do not fill in and send to firstname.lastname@example.org the evaluation form for the Espaço da Escrita services;
- Within 2 months after receiving the service, do not send to email@example.com proof of submission of the article to the journal or the chapter to the publisher, as the case may be.
The suspension will be lifted after compliance with the above obligations.
Mention to the work of the Writing Space
At the end of the translated or revised texts via Espaço da Escrita, mention or acknowledgment to the Espaço da Escrita/Pro-Rectory of Research at UNICAMP should be mentioned as follows:
- The author thanks Espaço da Escrita – Dean of Research – UNICAMP – for the language services provided (for works with a single author);
- The authors thank Espaço da Escrita – Dean of Research – UNICAMP – for the language services provided (for co-authored works);
Consult the Writing Space for mention or acknowledgment in Spanish or French.
Customer service: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 17:30 pm
Telephone: (19) 3521-2950
Address: Rua da Reitoria, 121 – University City “Zeferino Vaz”
Baron Geraldo – Campinas, SP